Saturday, March 28, 2015

Give Me All of You by FL Jacob

Beth Emmons would not allow herself fall in
love. She’d been burned in the worst way possible, leaving her with a secret that made her the black sheep of the family.
Jake Martin wasn’t looking for love. After his ‘true love’ married another, he kept to himself and lived the life of a bachelor.
When their paths crossed in Mexico, they couldn’t get enough of each other. Beth kept to her ‘friends with benefits’ plan, while Jake wanted more. A pregnancy scare caused Beth to run from Jake. Jake gave Beth the space she needed even if it was going to kill him. Christmas at the Black Hollywood Club reunited them and made them stronger.
Now, the family Beth wanted to forget pops back into her life needing her full attention. All the while, Beth’s secret is busting at the seams causing her to once again distance herself from Jake. Jake decides enough is enough and vows to fight for the love of his life, his real true love.
Will Beth be able to give herself to Jake? Can Jake’s love give Beth the strength she needs, or will her secrets cause them to fall apart again, leaving them shattered . . . unable to pick up the pieces.
*Give Me All of You is book 3 is the Black Hollywood Series. It can be read as a standalone.
GMAOYTeaser2
1de41-excerpt
The lightening shines again in our room and she rolls to face me. Her beautiful lips are puckered and her cheeks are stained with tears from earlier. I slide into bed and pull her close to me. She snuggles right up and my heart feels like it is going to explode. This is so right. How can she not realize it?
My eyes slowly shut and I’m off into a peaceful sleep with the love of my life.
It feels as though my eyes just shut when I am jolted awake by Beth screaming out into the night. The blood curdling sound has me on my feet before I even know what is going on. I try to blink the sleep from my eyes and focus on the room.
That’s when I see her. In bed curled into a fetal position shaking uncontrollably. “Beth, Beth baby, what’s wrong?” She doesn’t loosen the grip on her legs. I don’t want to scare her any more than she is.
She jerks away from me when I place a hand on her shoulder trying to calm her. If it’s possible I think she actually curls into herself even more. I need her to focus on me. Moving swiftly around the bed to be in front of her, I crouch down to her eye level.
“Beth, I need you to look at me.” I move the matted hair away from her eyes. It takes a few minutes before I see her white knuckles move and start gaining color. Then her eyes meet mine. They seem so empty and scared.
When she finally seems to focus, she lunges at me. I move quickly to catch her body flying at me. If I didn’t know she was truly scared out of her mind, I would have laughed because she knocks me on my ass.
I just hold her. Caress her back and hair. She isn’t crying. If I had to guess I’d say she is in some sort of shock. Time seems to stand still. Then her body starts shaking again. “Beth, shhhhh, it’s going to be okay. Please talk to me. I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.”
Her breathing seems to calm down and the shaking slows. “Where’d you go baby? Come back to me.” Feeling like I can move without scaring her, I cradle her to my chest and move to the bed again. Siting her on my lap, I rest my back on the headboard.
She looks up and tries to back out of my embrace. “Oh God, Jake, I’m so sorry.” Her hands try to cover her face. “That hasn’t happened to me since I was in school. Fuck how embarrassing.”
Grabbing her hands I pull them away. “You said you wouldn’t shut me out. Elizabeth look at me. What happened?”
Her face falls and she looks away.


c5ce0-buy2blinks

AMAZON * AMAZON UK * B&N * iBOOKS

GMAOYTeaser1

GMAOYTeaser2
giveaway
I am a mommy of two, wife to an amazing man, and full time employee. Life is crazy and busy! I started writing again during a darker time in my life in a group write in a Facebook group. They brought back my passion for writing that I haven’t felt since high school and helped me through hard times.
Starting this process was tedious and nerve-wracking, but my amazing ladies and my fabulous husband have inspired me to take my love for writing to the next step.
My current books are Have I Told You, I Won't Give Up on You, A Very Merry Black Hollywood Christmas, all part of the Black Hollywood Series. Coming Soon will be Give Me All of You, book 3 in the BH Series.
Coming later 2015, One in a Million. New Characters, New story, Standalone! More information coming soon.
Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment