Monday, March 23, 2015

A Personal Note from Mia Storm...

Dear Potential Readers,

I've had several bloggers and readers contact me asking about the content of GETTING DIRTY and how the underage relationship was handled, so I thought I'd give you some background.

As you can easily see from the book description, this is a story about a under age girl hooking up with a older man. I know there may be some of you who area a bit squeamish about this topic. It is illegal, I am aware of that. But there is a reason I wanted to write this book that has nothing to do with sensationalism or shock value.

This book is a fictionalized autobiography.

Just a month before I turned seventeen, I met a man who was twenty-four. Our connection was instant. For months we kept it platonic, even though neither of us could deny the attraction. We never had the actual discussion, but we both knew our relationship would be viewed by others (including my parents and the law) as inappropriate. But, despite our best efforts, we fell in love and started dating when I was seventeen. I've always wanted to write a love story that reflected everything I was feeling at that age, in that situation. So here it is.

For you hesitant readers, I can tell you that this illegal affair is not glamorized or sensationalize. There are severe consequences to the actions my characters choose to take. I wanted the topic handled honestly and realistically. I know this story isn't for everyone, but if you choose to read, I hope you enjoy.

All my best,

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment