Tuesday, July 21, 2015

New Release & Review ~ The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire by Heidi McLaughlin


Title: Reeducation of Savannah McGuire
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: July 21, 2015



 Tyler King never forgot the blue-eyed, pig-tailed girl that lived on the ranch next door. So when he hears that she’s coming back for the summer, he can’t wait to reminisce about the good ole days. He soon finds out life in the Big City means a life with big ambitions and Tyler soon learns that Savannah has left the memories of small town living long behind her.

Savannah McGuire never thought she’d return to the ranch she once called home. Now she’s back and trying not to become attached to everything she’s missed by growing up in New York City. Determined to hate her surroundings, Tyler works to remind her of everything’s she’s missed. With her future planned out and a trip to Paris imminent, falling in love with Tyler King was the last thing she expected. 








Whether it’s a sexy rocker, hot marine or young cowboy in love, Heidi McLaughlin knows how to write a great story. 

From a young age Tyler and Savannah were told they’d be together. But after Savannah was taken away to move to the city, she returns five years later a different girl. Are they still meant to be together?

Their story is about young love. About finding who you want to be. About finding your way back to your heart.  Life is a journey; it’s unexpected with bumps along the way. Even if you think you have your life all planned out it could take a sharp turn into a different route at any moment.

Savannah and Tyler both have completely different plans. Savannah wants to visit Paris, go to college and be a designer. She loves parts of the ranch but doesn’t want to be tied down to it. The simpler life is all Tyler knows. The ranch is his future. For both they have different paths but plans can change; love can get in the way.

“I didn’t know it until he touched me like this, but I’ve been waiting for this moment my whole life.”

I loved watching the journey of these two discovering young love. They had great chemistry. Even as young as Tyler was he was still a sexy cowboy.  He’s sweet and sexy but still a gentleman.  He’s definitely swoon worthy. 

“To me, you’re this beautiful woman who has captured my heart with a thousand bulls. I’m trying to impress you. I know the usual wine and dine ain’t gonna work with you. You need special but I don’t know what special is … at least I didn’t until I met you.”

How could Savannah ever resist this cowboy?

With each page I connected with this story and these characters, so much so that at the very end I wanted more. But then that’s what makes a great book.  

The end does leave some things unfinished but nothing to throw your Kindle against the wall about. I really hope Heidi plans to give us more of Tyler & Savannah soon and maybe even give us a Jeremiah book.













No comments:

Post a Comment